ISK’s Definition of Learning:
Learning is a personal and social experience; it is the ongoing development and demonstration of what we understand, what we can do and who we are.
ISK’s Learning Story:Diagram adapted from: UWCSEA
At ISK, we believe that all can learn and have the right to do so.
People learn best when we…
- feel safe, supported and connected to each other
- have a clear purpose for learning
- set clear and high expectations
- engage in rich, relevant and authentic experiences
- take responsibility and set goals for our own learning
- collaborate and communicate
- are challenged and take appropriate risks
- apply and practice new learning
- receive on-going, quality feedback
- reflect on ourselves as learners
Visit the Teaching and Learning Center and meet the TLC Team!