Whether you are an ISK family or are visiting the school for the first time, you are very welcome to our unique educational community. A highly regarded international school in Africa, ISK attracts families and staff from around the world due to our focus on student-centered learning practices, an openness to innovative approaches to teaching and learning for the 21st century, and a reputation as an experienced, academically demanding International Baccalureate (IB) World School.
Located on a beautiful campus, the high school provides students with an open, inviting environment where it is safe to explore ideas and collaborate with peers. ISK grows programs strategically, applying research-based instructional practices and creating the ideal balance of hard work towards high academic standards within in a warm, safe, and friendly environment. In addition to on-campus learning, ISK students engage in a wide array of learning opportunities in Kenya, online, and around the world, for example in the areas of field study, service learning, co-curricular programs, and online academy independent study.
At ISK we educate the whole person and help students reach personal dreams, filling each day with a learning experience that features:
- commitment to exceptional student scholarship
- outstanding international teaching faculty
- rigorous standards-based, international curriculum
- 1-to-1 laptop program supported by cutting-edge technology platforms and resources
- respect for all within a welcoming international student body
- programs that guide student growth physically, creatively, socially, and emotionally
- personal choice with students self-directed and taking ownership of their learning
- high standards around character and habits of learning
- International Baccalaureate Diploma program and RoundSquare membership
- two high school qualifications: The ISK diploma and the IB diploma
Our co-curricular programs provide opportunities for involvement in interests beyond the classroom context, requiring commitment and encouraging student leadership in areas such as sporting and artistic endeavors. ISK also has a vibrant, unique service-learning program.
Much like a family, we are committed to developing positive, respectful relationships across the school and within the community at large.ISK students are active and action-oriented in making a positive impact on their immediate, local, and global surroundings.
At ISK, we believe that the education of our children is a partnership that requires the cooperation and collaboration of school staff, parents, and students.
Our experience is that all students can thrive when an academic community is committed to active listening and open communication within a climate of diversity and mutual respect.