Mother Tongue Program
ISK is introducing the Mother Tongue Program. There is a great deal of research to show that children who have a strong foundation in their home language are more successful at school than monolinguals and enjoy a greater feeling of self-worth and identity.
Who is the program for?
Students enrolled at ISK that are fluent in a mother tongue other than English.
The Mother Tongue Program is opened:
- to all languages (minimum of 5 students per class required)
- to all students in Grade 1 to Grade 5
- to all students in Grade 6 to Grade 8 starting September 2017
- to kindergarteners starting in January 2018
1h x week after school, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday from 3:45-4:45 p.m., OR Wednesday from 1:40 - 2:40 p.m.School bus transport is available every day at 5 p.m. except for Wednesdays.On Wednesdays, students will need to be picked up from school by a parent or a guardian.
- Class taught by native speakers holding a teaching certification or numerous years of experience teaching the language.
- 1 semester commitment
- Classes currently offered: Hebrew, French, Hindi***
*** Additional classes available upon request.
Reasons why you should enroll your child in the Mother Tongue program:
- To build confidence and a positive attitude towards their mother tongue language
- To enhance their knowledge towards their first language culture
- To raise the international profile of students
- To increase their options for languages from K to 12
- To develop an academic knowledge of their first language
Please fill out the form: https://tinyurl.com/ISKMTprogram
For more information, contact Emma Petit (firstname.lastname@example.org)