Application Process & Forms
Our goal is to ease your child's entry into ISK at the appropriate stage between pre-kindergarten and grade 12 and to welcome the whole family into the ISK community.
Submit Application Documents
In order to be considered for enrollment we will need you to submit all of the following:
Application fee of $250 USD
Completed Application Forms
Pre-Kindergarten - Kindergarten Application Form [PDF*]
Grades 1-12 Application Form [PDF*]
Confidential School Report Form [PDF*]
- to be completed by student's previous school.
Health Form [PDF*]
School records from the 3 previous years (if applicable)
- translated into English (if applicable)
Any pertinent/relevant educational documents
- IEP, psycho-educational testing reports, etc. as applicable.
Copy of passport
Two passport photos
- attached to the Application and Health Form
School Leaving Certificate
- only if you are transferring from a local Kenyan school.
Application for Pupil's Pass - if applicable (please see below)
We cannot accept a student for enrollment until we have conducted our own entrance assessments to make sure we are able to provide an appropriate program for his/her needs. The entrance assessments need to be conducted at ISK. In rare circumstances, we conduct remote assessments for Middle and High School applicants.
Applicants who cannot be enrolled due to lack of space will be placed on a waiting list until space becomes available. These waiting lists may be formed as early as March. Applicants may be accepted off the waiting list as early as May, as we learn which families will be returning for the next academic year.
If you have received communication from us indicating that your child has been placed on the waiting list, it is required that you send an email informing us of your wish to keep your child on the waiting list. If confirmation has not been received by the date shown on the waitlist letter, the student will be removed from the waiting list and the application will be considered withdrawn. Often times families leave Nairobi if they are unable to get schooling for their children at ISK, so it is critical that we receive confirmation from the families.
Exceptional Need Bursaries
HS and IB Scholarship Application (For Kenyan citizens only)
If your child(ren) are in Kenya solely for the puspose of education, they do require a Pupil's Pass; we ask that you please proceed with submitting the necessary documentation for the application.
The requirements for the Pupil's Pass are below.
- Completed Application form. (Click Here to download)
- Copy of the passport (bio data page and visa page)
- Two passport size photos
- Commitment/consent letter from parent/legal guardian. (Click Here to see a sample)
- Letter from school stating the course and course duration
- KES 5000.
Please note the following:
1. The fee of KES 5000 is charged by the Kenyan Government,
2. The Pupils' Pass has to be renewed every year.
3. It takes approximately one month to receive the approval and the approval is in the form of a slip of paper and stamp in the passport.
* Trouble downloading?
Right-click the link - choose Save As