ISK seeks to employ and retain professionals of the highest quality. Faculty with overseas experience, demonstrated collaboration skills, a commitment to their own professional growth, and a deep enthusiasm for providing a challenging nurturing environment within which our students will thrive will likely be a good match for ISK and its programs. ISK is especially interested in dynamic educators comfortable with data-driven systems for ensuring student learning, and who thrive in a collaborative professional environment focused on continuous improvement.
The ISK community is a close one. Teachers who come to live and work with us in Nairobi enjoy the warm, collegial atmosphere of a professional learning community, as well as a beautiful, temperate climate and opportunities for travel throughout the splendid parks and beaches of East Africa.
Everyone who is an employee, a volunteer or a consultant who works with children at ISK has to have a police check for 2 years in their current country, or a Certificate of Good Conduct from Kenya if they are already resident in Kenya.
All employees must present evidence of a police clearance from their current country of employment or a Certificate of Good Conduct from Kenya that is provided to the end of the year prior to accepting employment at ISK.
Specific vacancies are posted and updated on a regular basis.
Updated: March 27, 2014
ISK Candidate Teacher Profile (.docx): All teacher applicants must complete and submit this form. Please print, fill, scan and email to email@example.com together with your complete application.
Vacancies for 2014-15
Definite Vacancies for 2014-15
High School Counselor (Recruitment Profile .pdf)
High School Modern Language Teacher (French or Spanish) (Recruitment Profile .pdf)
Possible Vacancies for 2014-15
Local Hire Definite Vacancies
Part-Time/Local Hire Definite Vacancies
Elementary School LRC & ESOL Teacher (Recruitment Profile .pdf)
The International School of Kenya is seeking to hire a part-time (50%) Elementary School LRC & ESOL Teacher. The Profile for the position may be viewed from the adobe link above. Qualified candidates may send their resume, letter of interest, references or reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 25 2014. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Support Staff Vacancies
Required for Employment
Applicants seeking employment at the International School of Kenya must have the following qualifications:
Mandatory for all applicants
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
- an understanding of, and commitment to, the philosophy, mission and goals of ISK.
- An exemplary personnel record.
- Reference contact information both email and phone numbers
from current and recent supervisors.
- Evidence of professional commitment to continuous growth.
- A recognized teaching certificate.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Student-oriented philosophy and skill set.
- Technology competencies appropriate to 21st century educators.
- A commitment to extra-curricular activities beyond the normal teaching day.
- A minimum of two years' relevant teaching experience within the last five years.
Desirable but not mandatory
- Experience in a culturally diverse international school.
- A second area of certification for MS/HS certificated employees.
- A fifth year of formal preparation beyond the Bachelor's degree for ES certificated employees.
For other professionals
- A relevant certificate.
- A minimum of two years' relevant experience within the last five years.
- See the appropriate recruitment profile.
We discourage people from bringing pets because it is hard to find appropriate accommodation within ISK's accommodation policy.
Contact us for more information
If the links on this page do not address your query please email us.
employment emails: hrmanager
all ISK email addresses end @isk.ac.ke
Applicants will be more likely to attain positions if they arrange for a personal interview in Kenya or through the recruiting agencies than those who have not had a personal interview.