ISK seeks to employ and retain professionals of the highest quality. Faculty with overseas experience, demonstrated collaboration skills, a commitment to their own professional growth, and a deep enthusiasm for providing a challenging nurturing environment within which our students will thrive will likely be a good match for ISK and its programs. ISK is especially interested in dynamic educators comfortable with data-driven systems for ensuring student learning, and who thrive in a collaborative professional environment focused on continuous improvement.
The ISK community is a close one. Teachers who come to live and work with us in Nairobi enjoy the warm, collegial atmosphere of a professional learning community, as well as a beautiful, temperate climate and opportunities for travel throughout the splendid parks and beaches of East Africa.
Everyone who is an employee, a volunteer or a consultant who works with children at ISK has to have a police check for 2 years in their current country, or a Certificate of Good Conduct from Kenya if they are already resident in Kenya.
All employees must present evidence of a police clearance from their current country of employment or a Certificate of Good Conduct from Kenya that is provided to the end of the year prior to accepting employment at ISK.
ISK Candidate Teacher Profile (.docx): All teacher applicants must complete and submit this form. Please print, fill, scan and email to email@example.com together with your complete application.
A Growing School Means Increased Professional Opportunitites
Our new Elementary School will be completed by June 2015. This new facility enables us to open four (4) grades per class in Grades 1-5, three (3) Kindergarten classes and two (2) PreK 4 classrooms. This growth and expansion also opens up new teaching opportunitites at ISK, not only in the ES but throughout the school.
Artist rendering of the new ISK Elementary School
Please send your applications only to firstname.lastname@example.org
High School Modern Languages and ESOL Teacher- Position begins in January 2015 (Recruitment Profile)
Definite Vacancies for 2015-16
Director of Technology (Recruitment Profile)
Early Childhood Teacher (Recruitment Profile)
Upper Elementary Teacher (Recruitment Profile)
Elementary Music Teacher (Recruitment Profile)
Elementary School Counselor (Recruitment Profile)
Middle School Art Teacher (Recruitment Profile)
Middle School Choir & Band Teacher (Recruitment Profile)
High School/ International Baccalaureate Mathematics Teacher (Recruitment Profile)
High School/ International Baccalaureate English Teacher (Recruitment Profile)
High School Social Studies/International Baccalaureate Geography Teacher (Recruitment Profile)
High School Science/International Baccalaureate Physics Teacher (Recruitment Profile)
Possible Vacancies for 2015-16
Interested candidates should send their completed candidate cover form, CV, letter of interest, statement of educational philosophy and at least 3 references (in most recent supervision) and reference contacts to <email@example.com>.
Support Staff Vacancies
Required for Employment
Applicants seeking employment at the International School of Kenya must have the following qualifications:
Mandatory for all applicants
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the philosophy, mission and goals of ISK
- An exemplary personnel record
- Reference contact information both email and phone numbers
from current and recent supervisors
- Evidence of professional commitment to continuous growth
- Police Clearance Certificate
- A recognized teaching certificate
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- Student-oriented philosophy and skill set
- Technology competencies appropriate to 21st century educators
- A commitment to extra-curricular activities beyond the normal teaching day
- A minimum of two years' relevant teaching experience within the last five years
- Inclusive practices for a wide range of learners
- Current experience in a standard based curriculum program
- Designing differentiated instruction and assessment for a wide range of learners
Desirable but not mandatory
- Experience in a culturally diverse international school
- A second area of certification for MS/HS certificated employees
- A fifth year of formal preparation beyond the Bachelor's degree for ES certificated employees
For other professionals
- A relevant certificate
- A minimum of two years' relevant experience within the last five years
- See the appropriate recruitment profile
If the links on this page do not address your query, please email us.
Employment emails: hrmanager
All ISK email addresses end @isk.ac.ke
Applicants will be more likely to attain positions if they arrange for a personal interview in Kenya or through the recruiting agencies than those who have not had a personal interview.