Excellence in Academics
At ISK, we see learning through a community lens. Whether you are a student, teacher, or parent, we feel the process is the same. We constantly strive to strengthen our culture of learning by connecting it to our mission, vision, values, learning beliefs, and educational aims.
Creating and nurturing strong relationships built on trust, mutual respect and inclusivity is the foundation of learning at ISK. Once established, we can fully engage in consequential work that matters where setbacks are seen as opportunities and productive struggle is embraced and supported.
ISK’s Definition of Learning:
Learning is a personal and social experience; it is the ongoing development and demonstration of what we understand, what we can do and who we are. At ISK, we believe that all can learn and have the right to do so.
People learn best when we…
- feel safe, supported and connected to each other
- have a clear purpose for learning
- set clear and high expectations
- engage in rich, relevant and authentic experiences
- take responsibility and set goals for our own learning
- collaborate and communicate
- are challenged and take appropriate risks
- apply and practice new learning
- receive on-going, quality feedback
- reflect on ourselves as learners
ISK’s Learning Story:
Grades Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 5
Grades 6 to 8
Grades 9 to 12
Grades 11 and 12 International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program