We are delighted that you are considering ISK for your child's education and we look forward to working with you in a close partnership.
Click here to submit a Registration of Interest and to Create an account. Once you have done this, you will receive an email from the Admissions Office confirming your user name and password.
Return to your “dashboard” to complete the Online Application (ensure that you have selected the appropriate year of entry)
Additional documents that should be uploaded include:
- School reports from 3 previous years (translated into English by a certified translator)
- Confidential School Report (this report can be sent directly to your child's current school through your dashboard)
- Health Form (can be downloaded from your dashboard)
- Most recent MAP scores (applicable for students applying for grades 3 onwards)
- Maths, English and Modern Language Reference (for students applying to grades 9-12, this report can be sent directly to your child's current school through your dashboard)
- A current passport size photo
- Photocopy of the student’s passport bio data page
- Proof of payment of the application fees –US$ 400. This non-refundable fee can be paid by cash, check or bank transfer.
- Commitment to our Educational Philosophy (can be downloaded from your dashboard)
- Any pertinent/relevant educational documents (IEP, psycho-educational testing reports, etc. as applicable)
Submit the Online Application. You will receive an email confirmation that the Admissions Office has received the application for your child. The status of your child’s application can be checked via your "dashboard”.
The principal for each division makes all admission and grade placement decisions. Grade placement is generally based on two factors: the age of the child on September 15 and how the student’s previous grade equates on our grade placement system.
Admission decisions will be conveyed to the parents by the relevant divisional offices (elementary/middle/high school) Admission decisions may be delayed in special circumstances, for example if the file has to be reviewed by Student Support Services.
After your child has a confirmed acceptance, a US $1000 deposit is required in order to ensure your child’s place at ISK. This deposit is applied toward your child’s tuition.
The Admission Office conducts orientation programs for new families at the beginning of each new school year and also at the beginning of the second semester. Students who are admitted when the school year has already started also receive customized orientation from their teachers.
Middle and High school students test in math, reading comprehension, vocabulary, writing and French/Spanish. Elementary students undergo a basic assessment before permanent placement is final. This takes the form of an entrance test with the elementary school counselor. We then review the interview/testing results, as we always need to ensure that there is a good match between our learning environment and a child's needs. Usually within 5 working days after the assessments have been completed, we give you feedback on the testing and more often than not assurance that ISK is a good match for your child's learning.
Please note we cannot accept a student for enrollment until we have conducted our own entrance assessments to make sure we are able to provide an appropriate program for his/her needs.
The entrance assessments for Elementary school students need to be conducted at ISK. However we can generally conduct remote assessments for Middle and High School applicants.
Applicants who cannot be enrolled due to lack of space will be placed on a waiting list until space becomes available. These waiting lists may be formed as early as March for the forthcoming school year. Applicants are accepted off the waiting list, space become available.
If you have received communication from us indicating that your child has been placed on the waiting list, we require an email from you informing us of your wish to keep your child on the waiting list. If confirmation has not been received by the date shown on the waitlist letter, the student will be removed from the waiting list and the application will be considered withdrawn.