Family Languages Program
Family Languages at ISK
Connect with your Culture
Every child’s first language plays a crucial role in their life. It connects them to their culture, makes it easy for them to learn other languages, accelerates their cognitive development, and is a source of pride.
ISK’s Family Languages Program is tailored to students who are fluent in a language other than English. The Family Languages Program is open to all ISK students.
Classes are available at a cost according to the size of the group and are taught by native speakers holding a teaching certification or numerous years of experience teaching the language.
Why should you enroll your child in the Family Languages program?
- To build confidence, pride and a positive attitude towards their language.
- To enhance their social, cultural and personal identity.
- To provide a range of languages that students can study further from Grade 1 to 12.
- To increase parent-child interaction as the parent can help with homework.
- To enhance their critical thinking and literacy skills.
- To develop an academic knowledge of their first language.