ISK’s Definition of Learning:
Learning is a personal and social experience; it is the ongoing development and demonstration of what we understand, what we can do and who we are. At ISK, we believe that all can learn and have the right to do so.
ISK’s Learning Story:
People learn best when we…
- feel safe, supported and connected to each other
- have a clear purpose for learning
- set clear and high expectations
- engage in rich, relevant and authentic experiences
- take responsibility and set goals for our own learning
- collaborate and communicate
- are challenged and take appropriate risks
- apply and practice new learning
- receive on-going, quality feedback
- reflect on ourselves as learners
Visit the Teaching and Learning Center and meet the TLC Team!